Welcome to McGregor Farms
The business has expanded steadily, by referral and recommendation. In addition to its own farming enterprises, McGregor Farms operates and manages land under various contract agreements within a 15 mile radius of Coldstream Mains.
As a business we pride ourselves as being both progressive and professional. Too many large arable units adopt a broad acre approach to farming which results in poor attention to detail. Attention to detail is paramount in our business.
Latest Tweets Follow
- #yourharvest Day 2 @DJFuller1969 https://t.co/wvpXlRkkE8,
- RT @alibirkett: #harvest18 underway cutting Bazooka winter barley mcgregor_farms https://t.co/LFXhYJHqoZ,
- @BarnsideFarm Your Winter Rations ! @DJFuller1969 https://t.co/INA8yDLVhm,
- RT @DJFuller1969: Currently just over half way through our challenge to run from John O’Groats to Lands End. Please help to keep our… https://t.co/Xaw9EVEAWW,
- RT @AW_ARobinson: Really pleased to be involved with the @BorderUnion show and this succession event. get your self there https://t.co/KsHEVv31Bg,
In November 2013 the business installed 100 kW of Solar PV panels on one of the grain stores.
During 2014 we used 84% of the generated output which amounts to 23% of our total annual usage.
In November 2015 another 50 kW was installed on a potato store roof and 4 kW on a roof near the Farmhouse.
To complement our full-time employees, we employ temporary machine operators for the Harvest period. We provide excellent terms and conditions, including accommodation in our Bunkhouse which was renovated in 2012.
Weather for Coldstream
Climate is one of the key factors in farming, especially the levels of precipitation.
Click the button below to see the latest Coldstream Mains Rainfall Chart.